Telephone Analog Technician
||New York, New York|
|Experience Level: ||10 Years|
|Start Date / End Date: ||05/01/2014 to 11/14/2014|
VOIP Analog Technicians
6 month contract
2.Description of Work
The role of the Telephone Analog Technician is to facilitate the deployment of the VOIP Project by providing professional and technical expertise in the identification, re-termination, cross connection and testing of analog telephone lines at all Port Authority facilities.
The successful candidate shall have the following education, experience, and technical qualifications:
- Survey existing lines and infrastructure to determine best location for IP conversion devices
- The identification of different types of analog lines and the tracing of lines to Intermediate Distribution Frame (IDF) or Main Distribution Frame (MDF) locations
- Racking and powering Voice IP gateway devices in location determined by the design
- Install and terminate standard telephone 66 and 100 blocks to facilitate cross connects from Vendor blocks
- Identify and repair broken or substandard wiring from the telephone back to the MDF
- Assist Network engineer in the configuration and testing of analog devices connected to Voice Gateways (VG's)
If your interested please forward your resume for consideration
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as, Turnkey phone systems, SL100, VOIP and Wide Area Network
- Solid working knowledge of current Communications technologies, including Internetworking, Telephony and VOIP.
- Demonstrated experience in analog line installation and trouble shooting.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
732 353 4281